Sunday 5 April 2015

The Lacking of Soft Skills and PR Among Our Peeps

My view is that at times,  as part of our "working hazards", we do get close encounters with those I consider unprofessional, no decorum or respect for others. We're talking about (assumingly) educated people tau!

"No need to set up meeting with my Boss or Director. We decide and WEEE recommend!" (Alternatively, I can recommend you rephrase your statement to "You're very much welcomed to do so. Do you have his/her PA's number? However, for your information, our internal process is where XXXX")

"What for? I don't have time to send your document! I don't now where I put it"
(Hmmm, you can say it a more diplomatic and nicer way lar woman! Plus, not knowing where you've placed a document shows your inept and inefficiency in organising your work)

Talking to my friends about it, it seems that this behaviour is very much widespread across industries in our country. Bankers dealing with corporate clients with over RM50mil nettworth boleh hentak-hentak phone and berteriak at the client. Customers criticising products openly but later on kata suka pulak. Have we become so desensitized in dealing with people? Pelik-pelik.

PR and soft skills are key in maintaining rapport with people regardless ada relationship or not. Whereever you go, you are the face of your firm/company/business/family etc.

I think orang stress sebab GST kots...Maybe tak cukup sumin sumin at home kots...

You know what, I can continue over-analysing it and sooooo many "kots" will come up...I don't care if you have to do it with a tree to take the edge off! Cakap tu elok-elok. I have to remind my staff that when encountering such people, we shouldn't lower our class to such uncouth people. Just maintain our cool and tone when speaking. If need be, be firm and cut the conversation short. These kind of people are insignificant. There will be a time when we will be the ones to one-up these kind of people.

p.s.: By the way, these kind of behaviours in all recent occasions were exhibited by WOMEN! Shame on you! Booooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment