Monday 9 February 2015

ASAS Annual Dinner 2015 - Shangrila Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

Today's post will be written in Manglish. Trying it out for today. Before this, sikit-sikit ajer campur BM. Nih full on Manglish mode. My dear readers, I welcome any feedback, k?

Ever since we got married, asyik nak berkepit ajer. Ok, masa bf-gf pun nak berkepit, but after marriage if tak berkepit bak kata Husbie, the other half "jadi bodoh/blur/tak tau nak buat aper". Example, when I was away in Auckland, NZ for my negotiations, pesan to sapu the house sikit, balik KL lantai berdebu seinci. Alasan? 

"Without you at home, I just didn't have the mood." 

Haiz... sah sah I married a panda...tau makan and golek-golek ajer (Not taking into account the sexy stuff yek).

So, I granted Husbie the honour of having his HOT WIFE by his side for his old school's annual dinner. Malam tu theme dia baju batik and lengan panjang. Nasib baik jumpa dress hitam lengan panjang, cover bontot and fulfill all the syarat-syarat about a week ago. I accessorised with a gold necklace and bangles and Batik clutch...lepas lar. 

As I understand it, initially none of his old schoolmates' wives were coming along. In fact, a few times Husbie warned me that I'm the only girl on the list. I never minded it much, dah biasa dari sekolah until the work place to be in a "man's world" and I believe I thrive in every one of them. Yang selalu buat hal, kalau banyak sangat pompuan...sikit-sikit drama (kuat dengki, ant to molehill situation, arghhhh...you name it... ada ajer). Serik doh...

Anyway, that night, a few managed to break through their initial BOYS ONLY dinner. Some of Husbie's friends openly admitted that they lied to their wives saying that none of their friends' wives were going to the Annual Dinner. Oh? Takper, soon I kenal bini masing-masing I will bocor all the RAHSIAs...keh keh keh...

His ASAS batch are a friendly lot. Since the day I've met them, takder yang I rasa sombong. Mulut ringan nak bercakap and smile.

I have to tabik spring to all bebudak ASAS lar. Semangat sayang to their old school evident from all the friendly hugs, chatter and speeches. Siap ingat lagi lagu sekolah weii...Old headmasters and teachers were given a standing ovation and the rightly deserved honour and tribute. Even the old odd job worker at school who did the gardening and jual burger seringgit every night was invited to join the Annual Dinner. Did you know in the school's early days, ASAS ada batch pompuan?

I was happy seeing Husbie happy. Bukan tak selalu jumpa, but with the Annual Dinner setting, masing-masing macam little school girls. Regaling on old school stories, jumpa senior lar, jumpa junior lar, jumpa Cikgu Sexy lama lar...haiz, kesian jugak when in all boys school, sampai tahap kena usha cikgu untuk cuci mata. Hahah...

Talking about acting like school girls...tengah-tengah makan, before main entertainment, we were entertained by hired band and former ASAS students. So, adalar mamat nih naik stage nyanyi... 

"Oh, suara sedap. Another budak ASAS ker?"

"Oh...dia memang nyanyi sedap. Dia kan former Ruffedge."

Fuuhh...Almost got whiplash turning my head towards the stage. You see, I nih generally kurang minat lagu/artis Melayu. Taste lagu orang putih ajer. Now, sejak kahwin adalah diverse sikit. Itu pun memilih. Masa sekolah dulu pun, kenal a few sebab kengkawan yang share the songs yang I pun boleh terima. So I recall one of them was from Ruffedge.

Termenuuuuuuuung kat stage....

"Lar, you tak perasan ker. Dia junior I setahun. Tu, dok kat meja belakang kitaorang nih."

"Oh, I see." Agenda school girl to be continued...

Malam tu Caliph Buskers and Ramli Sarip were the piece de resistance. Memang best ar. Caliph Buskers pun pandai tone down some of the music yang originally ROCK-ON for the older generation. Tapi, Ramli Sarip still the best ar. Nyanyi rilek jer. 

Unfortunately, tak sempat pun nak take pictures with them. Cissss...

Tapi, after mintak Husbie's permission, to Husbie and his friends' amusement, I dapat lar gambar ngan satu artis... (nih lar sambungan ala-ala gedik school girl).

Lepas Annual Dinner, boleh diaorang sambung sesi Boys, yang tak berapa Boys, night out kat Pelita, Ampang. Haiz...memang balik rumah muka stone penat lar gamaknyer. Dress pun kena terus handwash sebab bau mamak.



Eh eh, biler tengok gambar nih balik baru perasan ada artis "photobomb" this picture...heheh
The stage for the night. Kesian MC banyak kali mintak masuk dewan and duduk bebudak ASAS tua muda buat derk ajer...hahah

Sejak AJL, memang popular...dah memang berbakat. Keep up the good work!

Awesome. Kalau merokok pakai lighter dah confirm wave it macam kat rock-concert.

Husbie with his old Cikgu Seni
I ngan former Ruffedge member formerly known as Mode...heheh...Rasa dia lagi hensem when older... 

No comments:

Post a Comment