Friday 5 September 2014

The (temporary) Tai-tai life

The journey of making a career change is no easy feat. It's difficult to divert from your comfort zone no matter how many transferable skills you have.

In the meantime, having the tai-tai life is not easy.

Oh..bohoo u say...

I'm generally not the type to wait patiently or stop thinking too much...so you can imagine the deluge of emotions I go through whenever whatever little time I have in between. It's easy to slip into depression or shame-boomerang mode and get even more frustrated. When I get into those moods, I hang on to whatever feelings I have for a few minutes, cos' realistically you have the right, and let it go (Cue Frozen soundtrack- Let it go). Then I go occupy my time be it by housecleaning, cooking or other house chores. Establishing a routine doesn't hurt either. Do not let yourself, mind, spirit and body, be idle. 

Lately, I have been organising my things and unpacking items from boxes to set up house. I'm also surveying for items that can best serve as storage for the things we have. One best bit of organising clothes, books, make-up and other stuff and having your own place to boot is that you can do it in whichever you like. In other words, I can take the time and organise my, I mean 'our', things as creatively as I want. I've been browsing tips and ways online and there are soooo many fun ways to do it. Slowly making our house a home we love.

I also spend my time sketching. Can't really divulge on the items I'm sketching until things really take-off, but starting to sketch again after a year off really gave butterflies in my stomach. Funny but I now understand the fear and anxiety one gets after not riding a bicycle for so long. 

I have a friend who has been chasing, reminding and pushing me to continue sketching but I was always somehow occupied with work. If I'm truly passionate about it, shouldn't I spend more time on it? Pftt...yeaaah!!! Now that I have the time, I love the designs and ideas that come flooding into my head and flows into my paper. We'll see how it pans out. Strategising and all the planning in the world on paper alone won't take off unless I take action to launch it off the ground.

Oh, and my month has been occupied with my other temp job...mak bidan to my cats. Whaaaa...tttt? Yes, I have kittens now. I left Mango, Jojo and Nelly at my dad's while we set up house and unknowingly, they became pregnant from my dad's American Short Hair, Oscar. I guess regardless of how much monitoring my sis took, Oscar managed to have his last Hurrah before he went snip-snip. My husbie and I naively thought Jojo and Nelly were merely fat and happy with moving back in with me. That was until I caught Jojo giving birth in my cupboard! Huarghhhh...my jeanssss!!! Nelly gave birth a week later. Ayoooo...mak bidan mode lar...aper lagi... Alhamdulillah, we have already found a friend who would love to adopt the kittens once they're weened off.

Ahhhh...the tai-tai life...Martha Stewart wanna-be, brunches and lunches ala socialite, couch potato moments, try not to mess-up the kitchen too much, anxious to launch a big project soon, mak bidan, babysitter, driver, personal shopper...another form of journey I have to take albeit only temporary...

Home-made sandwich...shoving loads of veges to make me feel less guilty for having a beef burger for lunch...:p

No comments:

Post a Comment