Sunday 19 August 2012

Salam Lebaran daripada the Ghazali clan

My voice is stuck on high pitch mode right now...urghhh, had to kuatkan suara from my usual delicate voice I'm used to (Don't roll your eyes on me Boyfie!). Banyak berborak and had an awesome time catching up with aunts, uncles and cuzzies...when you are part of our Ghazali clan, prepare to be loud. Alternatively, you might just end up deaf from the many chatterboxes whom are very LOUD around you. I for one can get confuse on whose voice is whose whenever all my aunties and my mum get together. They all sound alike.

While chit chatting and sampling the raya goodies, teringat dok arwah nenek...reminiscing on old times and how grateful we are on the things she passed down to us. While most of you would be going after the rendang and ketupat, all of us were looking forward to our Sunday porridge party. This was one of the things arwah always sediakan. Alas, not today. My aunty tak sempat nak prepare it. We had the usual ketupat, lemang, rendang, serunding, kuah kacang etc. Supposedly many of my mum's adik-beradik and my cousins were asking for the bubur. Sorang tu siap ke dapur bongkar periuk...haaha...

I wore my Jova today. My aunt's mum specifically liked the capped beads on my shoulder.

" I dah lama dok memandang, you ajer tak perasan..."
" Oh yer? So sorry and thank youuuu...."

 [YESSSSSSS!!!]

Oh, and my aunts praised on how much I have lost weight too!!!

[ YESSS!!! YESSSSS!!!]

Tip for those who will be wearing Jova. Take good care to not get your wrist anywhere near your chest or baju because the beads will pull the threads out from your baju...I dah kena a few already...aiyaiyaaaiii...

May all Muslim and Muslimahs have a joyous Hari Raya and may we have many more Ramadhans and Syawals to come. Amiiinnnn....

Selamat Hari Raya, Mohon Maaf Zahir dan Batin...

Aunty E. has taken up the role as the focal point to gather at for raya...just like Arwah Nenek. 


Semua pandang tak tentu arah...there were three or four cameras aiming at us Ghazali ladies and we weren't sure which one to look at


No comments:

Post a Comment