Tuesday 10 July 2012

Baju raya oh baju raya...

The fasting month is upon us. It's the time for last minute 'puasa ganti' and preparing for eid. This includes sending your clothing material to your favourite tailor. Unfortunately, my tailor's quota is already full and so it looks like I have to get some 'instant' baju raya this year.

Coincidentally, heard about Rizalman's new ready-made one-off clothing line with Tesco. Checked the collection online and got good reviews on it. In fact, since it's launch on Saturday 7 July 2012, the collection has been flying off the racks. Due to risking not able to get my hands on them, I immediately called Tesco Mutiara Damansara to check whether there are still left. I was in luck and immediately rushed to Tesco after work, through the Monday jam and the evening rain. Sorry to say the collection was not to my liking. Lycra-made baju kurung, baju kebaya and baju kedah do not suit me well. I don't intend to dissuade anybody as to each her own preference. Please do go check it out.

It looks like it's back to square one on hunting for my instant baju-kurung. Jovian Mandagie is launching his ready to wear clothing online and selected First Lady outlets this Sunday, 15 July 2012. Other options is to go to Poya, Cengkih and other independent stalls in Ampang Park. I'll try my luck there!
What are your plans and preps for Ramadhan and Syawal. Story-story please...

4 comments:

  1. i bought mine in Vietnam. mom went there just to shop for baju raya. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lucky you...have u sent the kain to the tailor?

      Delete
  2. I will be following my girlfriend to baju raya hunting at Jalan TAR this Sunday. I should bring my iPad along then... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend that you bring your wallet with plenty of cash or no limit credit card instead :)

      Delete