Tuesday 29 November 2011

PRP-related anxiousness

I can't sleep. Tomorrow is the day I have to convey my decision to the doc on whether I want to proceed with his recommended Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment.

For your information, I got my MRI results for my ankle last Saturday. Alhamdulillah, no fracture whatsoever. However, I had torn five ligaments from my fall.

Been doing research on the PRP. Seriously, nervous and scared. The pages I've found online so far are explained in clinical terms of which does not necessarily instill the proper confidence for me to go ahead. But Doc informed it is best for me to opt for this one. The second option is to leave it to heal by itself but the results won't be as good and the healing process will be slower.The final option of course is to go in for surgery.

Any docs out there that can give their views? In layman's terms if you don't mind...

1 comment:

  1. You decide..you know what's best..bukan kitaorang yang endure the pain and the inconvenience..so whatever decision you come to,it's the wisest..InsyaAllah everything will be very fine.

    ReplyDelete