Sunday 9 October 2011

Come one, come all...see the magical disappearing act...from yours truly, BOYFIE!!!

After many complaints on my end on how much of a whopper I've been spending on groceries lately from supermarkets, my boyfie finally suggests that I visit the Pasar Tani instead...

"You datang pagi2 ke sini..and we go, okies?"...leave it to my boyfie and his persuasive ways...*____*

People, I've never gone shopping at a pasar tani before....The closest encounter was that when I was little, I remember short visits to the Pasar Besar Taman Tun...oh, and maybe visits to the random pasar malams (but I was told Pasar Malam vs Pasar Tani are two different pasars all together)...

So, with my JAKUN-NESS showing and major innocent "ready-to-be ripped off" sign on my forehead early yesterday morning, I head off in my CLK (cute little kelisa) to Pasar Tani Melawati.

Hence, it came to no surprise to some of you, that my boyfie, on my FIRST EVER visit to the pasar tani....did the magical disappearing act....

Incident #1 : The Fish Stall
Boyfie: You take the bakul (basket) and fill it up with the fish you want

ME: Ok, I'll just take this bakul and add more fish into it...(picking up a blue bakul with nice ikan kembongs already in them)

Boyfie: NOOOOO!!! Itu orang punyeeeerr laaaaaaarrrrrr!!! ( That's somebody else's!)

ME:  *_________*  ????...Oh...errmmss...okiesss... (Pakcik standing behind me, of whose bakul I was about to "steal", giving me the evil stare and at the same time snickering -that's according to my boyfie - But he tends to exaggerate things...*pfftttttt* I'm sure pakcik tu rilek ajerrr...)

In my defense, I'm new to this OKAAAYYY...pasar malam TTDI had different bakul system where they already prepare the fish in the bakuls and you just pick which bakul you want...

AT this stage, my boyfie realised the best place to be is at the end of the long table of the stall...AWAY from me....

Incident #2 : The VEGE stall
Ok, at this stage, I'm already more or less familiar with the bakul system...

ME: Happily filling one bakul with veges...but, oh wait, it's full already, uh-oh...I need another basket..."YAAAANNNGGG!!! What do I do with this basket...dah penuh (it's full)!!!" (bear in mind I was standing in the middle of the LOOONNG table and boyfie was standing at the other end of that LOOOONNGGG table...trying his best to not let people think he's in anyway associated with this JAKUN lady)

Boyfie: Just put it down there..and take another basket!

ME: BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET IN THE BAKUL QUEUE YET!!! I still have another basket to fill...

Boyfie: Just set it there...don't worry....

ME: *______* pfftttt....

Boyfie: (Trying very hard not to laugh....but FAILEDDDD!!!)

Incident # 3: The MEAT stall
At this stage, realising my tendency to make my boyfie laugh non-stop and at the same time was trying harder to stop his incessant laughing...

ME (turning to boyfie): Yang, how many kilos do I ask for to make sup tulang...including me, it should be for around 5 people?

Boyfie: I dunno...

ME: Okay, I'll ask the Abang...but you jangan nak marah or gelak (can't get angry or laugh) on the questions I'm about to ask...

Boyfie: Okaayy (innocent looking face while agreeing to my terms)

ME: Abang (Bro), kalau nak buat sup tulang untuk 5 orang, berapa kilo tulang nak kena beli? (If I want to make beef bone soup for 5 people, how many kilos of bones should I buy?)

Abang MEAT stall: Tengoklar...5 orang tu laki ker pompuan? (It depends...those five...are they men or women?)

ME: Saya ajer pompuan...yang lain semua laki ( I'm the only girl, the rest are men)

Abang MEAT stall : Sekilo elok lar tu ( A kilo would be fine)

ME: Yang, what do you think? Eh-ehhhhh....

Boyfie who was standing right behind me has magically disappeared...If this was an anime...there would have been dotted lines outlining his feature at the spot he was standing.... *___________*



The pakcik at the chicken stall...chopping my whole chicken....WAAAY WORTH your money buying it from the pasar tani
    The trolley-load of stuff from the pasar tani....Yayyy!!! HOUSEWIFE-IN-TRAINING YAA'LL!!!


Nasi kerabu for breakfast after all that hardwork and exercise my boyfie did from his incessant laughing...murah okiesss....not bad at all...price includes drinks for two people...

1 comment:

  1. Love your pasar tani posting..very kelakar alright!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete